My (Awful) Practice IOC



Criterion A: 5 - I think that I actually showed a great amount of knowledge concerning the whole text throughout my IOC.  I think this because I was bale to remember who this conversation was about and who it was with.  I also think that I showed my understanding by being able, to a lesser extent,  articulate where this passage falls in the timeline of the book.
Criterion B: 2 - Within the tone section I didn't focus on how what was written affects the reader.  I think that I used the literary devices of character's words and body language, as stated in the question, well, but in not linking it to the reader it lacked depth.  In the second portion I did mention the reader and their thoughts, but I never linked this with literary devices.
Criterion C: 2 - I think I got this because in the beginning I stated my context then my thesis and then my internal points of evidence, and my conclusion
(for which I never said "In conclusion") for the tone section.  However I think that my points didn't fall in a logical order.  I also don't think that the extra section concerning themes at the end had any clear direction.  I was just saying things based on the order I saw them on my paper, which isn't a good strategy.
Criterion D: 2 - I gave myself this score because I had many long pauses and stuttering sessions.  I also think that I switched between formal and informal speaking a little too frequently which didn't support the style appropriate to a commentary.

Comments

  1. Hey Ayden!

    Always remember to consider the effect each device or technique has on the passage (normally to establish or emphasize the “big idea”) as well as the effect it has on the reader (criteria B on the rubric). Remember to use TOPIC SENTENCES to guide your reader- these are necessary and missing from your commentary. Keep linking back to your thesis/the purpose of the passage!
    A: 6
    B: 6
    C: 3
    D: 4

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I was

The American Dream

Walt Whitman or Gandalf the Grey